The State of the Union has selected a group of EUI community members as first-row discussants during the panels on 4 May. They’ll be the ones to get the ball rolling for lively discussion following the panel presentations. Get to know who they are, and what they specialize in.
Oscar Lema Bouza
- What is your connection with the EUI?
Third year law researcher.
- How would you summarise your research, in just a few words?
I am examining the use of law, including citizenship/nationality law, for diaspora governance from a comparative and international law perspective
- On which panel will you be a first-row discussant at SoU2017?
‘Genuine Links and Useful Passports: A Decline of Citizenship?’
- What can academics contribute to policy-discussions about the future of Europe?
Their expertise, and a reflexive, non-electoral dependent point of view, which can be relied on by policy makers subject to different external pressures.
- What are you most looking forward to about SoU?
Interesting discussions, and new points of view that can light up new ideas for research or policy making.